Driver Authorization and Vehicle Use
This vehicle is for personal use by the users during their furlough/home assignment. The intended use is for fulfilling their commitments to visit donors and family members during this furlough period. It is not to be used for any other purpose, and will not be driven by anyone other than the users without express written consent of Righteous Rides.
Canadian Insurance Card
You will need to request a special insurance card if you plan on traveling to Canada. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Canadian insurance card. Allow 2 weeks for processing.
The vehicle is NOT allowed to be driven in Mexico under any circumstances.
Missionary Care Pet Policy
Righteous Rides desires to care for our vehicle users by maintaining clean and allergen-free vehicles. Thus, we are implementing the Missionary Care Pet Policy. We love pets and understand that you may desire to transport a pet in the Righteous Rides van you are using. If this is the case, then you will need to be aware of, and complete, the following procedures:
1. Vehicle USER will notify Righteous Rides that they are transporting a pet, for any amount of time, in the vehicle they are using.
2. Vehicle USER will receive a $250 non-refundable charge to their credit card account on file at the time Righteous Rides is notified.
3. The $250 non-refundable charge replaces any and all other cleaning fees.
Note: This policy and fee is not applicable for service animals (as defined by ADA guidelines) who are required in order to support an authorized driver or member of their immediate family.
Please track your mileage in the logbook assigned to your van. You do not have to track daily mileage, but you do need to track long-distance mileage. We enjoy seeing where the vehicle has been. We hope you will use the log book to record the things God is doing as you travel.
Any mileage in excess of 66 miles per day will incur a $0.10 per mile charge. Excess mileage charges are due in full on the vehicle return date.
Example of logbook with mileage and messages below.
Tow Trailers/Luggage Racks/Tire Chains
1. Tow trailers of any kind are not permitted.
2. Storing items on a luggage rack is ONLY permitted on vehicles that already have a rack installed.
3. The use of tire chains is not permitted. If road conditions merit the use of tire chains, please choose an alternate route or wait for the roads to be clear.
Last Revised: 8/7/19