One of the toughest challenges international missionaries face when coming home for furlough is finding affordable transportation to use while in the states. Righteous Rides eliminates that hassle by providing them with great minivans at lease rates way below cost.
Helping missionaries from around the globe to
Accelerate the Gospel
Hundreds of missionary families from over 65 countries served
Meet the Team
Byus Reighard Right
Bret & Tina Byus, Mark & Karen Reighard – Founders
Bret and Mark have always had a love for cars. They met at church in 4th grade and became fast friends. Both have a wealth of expertise in their job fields, Bret working in the automotive industry and Mark in company leadership. They talked about using their job experiences and God’s gifts to provide missionary friends with transportation. That led to them buying a van and loaning it to a missionary family in 2007. Many vans and missionaries have followed.
Wives turned friends and partners in ministry, Tina and Karen serve along side their husbands connecting with missionaries and serving administratively.
Ron & Dee Rearick – Van Program Director
Recipe for a couple serving God with Righteous Rides: Take one ‘citified’, prim and proper school teacher; add one military veteran, coal miner, and trained machinist; mix well for several years of service on the mission field sprinkled with lots of God’s grace and!!! Enter Ronald and Dee Anne Rearick at your service.
After serving from 1999-2015 in various support roles with Wycliffe Bible Translators in Papua New Guinea, Ron and Dee Anne were led by the Holy Spirit to serve in a different role. Using their experience of foreign mission work coupled with their servant’s heart, God called them into the ministry of Righteous Rides. Here they will serve in a way that can minister to missionaries returning to the U.S. from overseas assignments.
Fred & Pam Tuggy – Lead Mechanic
Fred Tuggy serves as a missionary mechanic with Righteous Rides. He and his wife, Pam, grew up as missionary kids, met at college, married and then served together with Wycliffe Bible Translators for 36 years. Now retired from WBT, they are thankful for God’s guiding hand in enabling them to serve with Righteous Rides. Besides mechanic work, Fred also enjoys volunteering at KICY radio in Nome, Alaska.
KICY is a Christian radio station transmitting the gospel into western Alaska and far east Russia. Pam enjoys a good book and a good movie; together they love spending time with their 3 children and 10 grandchildren.
Wes & Renee’ Russell – Cool Stuff
Wes and Renee’ have been serving with Righteous Rides since 2008. They both grew up at Hope Bible Church in O’Fallon, MO with Bret, Tina and Mark, where there has always been a strong emphasis on missions. Wes and Renee’ still attend HBC, where there continues to be a vibrant missions emphasis, as well as strong support for the RR ministry.
Wes is a member of the RR board, as well overseeing the facility and technology. Renee’ is the Goody Bag Coordinator. Her work in caring for the missionaries when they first pick up their vans has become a vital part of the ministry.
David and Sylvia Ramaly – Texas Hub
Dave and Sylvia, Dallas Hub Coordinators, have been serving with Righteous Rides since 2007. Dave serves on the board. They are both MKs, Dave from Costa Rica & Nicaragua, and Sylvia from the Philippines, so they understand first hand of the need to find reliable transportation while on home assignment. They have a heart for serving those on the front lines.
The Ramalys live in Longview TX where Dave is Plant Manager for JW Power company. They enjoy camping, hiking, and water sports with their three adult children, as well as antiquing and spending time with extended family.
Dannie & Vicki Smith – Atlanta Hub
Dannie and Vicki have been representing Righteous Rides for the Atlanta area since 2011. Dannie was born in Michigan moved to California as a child and grew up in Whittier. Vicki was born and raised in Georgia. They met in a Christian singing group, “Continental Singers”, traveling throughout the USA and Europe in 1971. They married in 1973 and have two daughters, Emily and Amanda, and two granddaughters. Dannie is a semi-retired Physical Therapist and Vicki is a retired music educator and piano teacher.
Dannie and Vicki love to love on missionaries! Having participated in several music and medical missions they have a love and respect for missionaries serving in the field. Righteous Rides provides that opportunity to help with the transportation needs for those coming through Atlanta!
Bill and Sharri Emmerling – Accounting Manager
Bill and Sharri met at seminary in 1989 after earning their degrees in Physics and Accounting respectively. They married in 1990 with a desire to serve the Lord together and pioneer a Christian family. Due to an illness, Sharri spent several years as the accounting department of her parents’ truck stop and other adventures while Bill homeschooled their three children. Both were excited to find a place where God would use Sharri’s skill set to advance the Gospel. Having developed a heart for world missions, Sharri loves having the opportunity to interact and pray with our missionaries. Bill and Sharri also enjoy providing hospitality to friends and “strangers.”
Our Staff Missionaries
The following members of our team serve as missionaries to Righteous Rides. They are critical to this ministry, and are only able to serve because of the faithful giving of their financial supporters. Please consider supporting them so they can continue to meet this critical need.
Statement of Faith
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4; II Corinthians 13:14; John 10:30; 1:14.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His present intercessory work for believers. John 1:1,2; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24, 25; I Peter 2:24; I Peter 1:3-5; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 9:24, 7:25; and Romans 8:34.
4. We believe lost and sinful man is saved only by faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation is possible only by the regenerating act of the Holy Spirit. Romans 3:22,23; Ephesians 2:12, 13; Titus 3:5.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. John 16:8-11; II Corinthians 3:6; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9: Ephesians 1:13-14; 5:18.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved, unto the resurrection of life; and they that are lost, unto the resurrection of damnation. Matthew 25:46; John 11:25,26; Revelation 20:4-6; I Corinthians 15:53, 54; I Thessalonians 4:16,17; Revelations 20:11-15.
7. We believe that the Church is composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior. The local church is an earthly manifestation of this universal Church, functioning under the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18, 20; Ephesians 1:22, 23; 5:25-27; I Corinthians 12:12-14.